Forthcoming IssueAFA9 - July 2020
Spy vs Spy
The ninth issue of Australian Foreign Affairs explores the rapidly evolving espionage threat facing Australia as changes in technology enable malign actors to target individuals, officials, businesses and infrastructure.
Spy vs Spy examines how Australian agencies can defend against this attempt to not only steal secrets but also disrupt the workings of government and society.
Contents of this issue include:
- Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs Penny Wong on Asia’s changing power balance
- Kim McGrath on Witness K and the uses of Australian intelligence
- Andrew Davies on the evolution of spycraft
- Danielle Cave on cybertechnology and intelligence
- Mark Mordue on the age of surveillance capitalism
- “The Fix”: Susan Harris Rimmer reflects on how Australia can shape the G20 agenda
- “The Back Page”: award-winning journalist Richard Cooke dissects key foreign policy terms
- Correspondence on AFA8: Can We Trust America?
Sign up to receive the latest from
AUSTRALIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS