Free Postage Within Australia
Forthcoming IssueAFA14 - February 2022
The Taiwan Choice
Showdown in Asia
The latest issue of Australian Foreign Affairs examines the rising tensions over the future of Taiwan as China’s pursuit of ‘unification’ pits it against the United States and US allies such as Australia. The Taiwan Choice looks at the growing risk of a catastrophic war and the outlook for Australia as it faces a strategic choice that could reshape its future in Asia.
- Hugh White on why war over Taiwan is the gravest danger Australia has faced.
- Linda Jakobson on how Xi Jinping views Taiwan in an age of Chinese expansionism.
- Brendan Taylor on what a conflict over Taiwan might look like.
- Yu-Jie Chen on the Taiwanese view of autonomy, independence and China.
- Stephen Dziedzic on Australia’s intensifying China debate.
- William Stoltz on how Canberra can combat malware and cyberaggression.
- Cait Storr on Daniel Deudney's Dark Skies, the geopolitical space race and the likelihood of nuclear war.
- Andrew Wear on Jeevan Vasagar’s Lion City and how Australia can learn from Singapore, the world’s most successful city state.
- PLUS Award-winning writer Richard Cooke on foreign policy jargon.
- AND correspondence on AFA13: India Rising?.
Sign up to receive the latest from
AUSTRALIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS