The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) and Australian Foreign Affairs presented a panel discussion on 19 August, on the new issue of Australian Foreign Affairs: Spy vs Spy: The New Age of Espionage.
This issue of Australian Foreign Affairs explores the threat facing Australia as changes in technology enable malign actors to target individuals, officials, businesses and infrastructure – challenges that have only sharpened due to COVID-19.
Panelists and AFA9 contributors:
- Anne-Marie Brady uncovers the covert influence and activities of China’s network of spy agencies.
- Danielle Cave probes how data and technology have shaped espionage in a time of crisis and beyond.
- Andrew Davies sweeps Australian intelligence history to show how technology has transformed state-on-state espionage.
- Kim McGrath reveals Australia’s intelligence failures in Timor and asks whether we owe more to our neighbours.
- Penny Wong argues for a foreign policy shift to confront a fast- changing Asia-Pacific.
Watch the webinar here
October 21 2021The Australia Institute webinar on India Rising?
EventThe Australia Institute webinar on India Rising?
NewsGriffith University presents Feeling the Heat
NewsThe Australia Institute webinar on Feeling the Heat
NewsMuse Canberra event with Natasha Kassam and Jonathan Pearlman
NewsThe Australia Institute webinar on The March of Autocracy
Sign up to receive the latest from
AUSTRALIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS