Announcing the Next Voices: Our Sphere of Influence finalists
Australian Foreign Affairs is delighted to announce the finalists for Next Voices: Our Sphere of Influence.
Please join us in congratulating these talented writers and foreign policy thinkers.
- Miranda Booth is the coordinator of the Bachelor of Humanitarian and Community Studies and a PhD candidate at Charles Darwin University.
- Patricia Cahill is a writer and urban planner.
- Alastair Davis is a writer currently based in Vanuatu.
- Dom Dwyer is studying a Bachelor of Philosophy in Asia-Pacific security studies at the Australian National University.
- Dominic Giannini is a journalist at The Wire.
- Philippa Louey is studying an honours degree in international relations at the University of New South Wales.
- Nic Maclellan is a correspondent for Fiji’s Islands Business magazine.
- Dominic Simonelli is a former Europe and Eurasian Fellow for Young Australians in International Affairs.
- Vicki Thomson is the chief executive of the Group of Eight.
Winners will be announced in September 2019. They will receive AU$100 and a one-year print and digital subscription to Australian Foreign Affairs (valued at $49.99), and will collaborate with Australian Foreign Affairs editors to refine and publish their piece.
Next Voices seeks to encourage voices with unique perspectives on Australia’s place in the Asia-Pacific and its relationships within the region. Read the winning pieces from our first round, Next Voices: Are We Asian Yet?, here.