Free Postage Within Australia
Current IssueAFA4 - October 2018
The fourth issue of Australian Foreign Affairs examines the challenge of defending Australia at a time of regional uncertainty and fast-changing military technology. It explores the nation’s main vulnerabilities and the capabilities needed to secure against them, including the consequences of a nuclear arms race in Asia.
- Michael Wesley examines the state of Australia’s security as Asia’s power balance shifts.
- Patrick Walters probes the overhaul of Australia’s expanding intelligence agencies.
- John Birmingham analyses Australia’s weapons capabilities as the military expands its reach.
- Stephan Frühling explores Australia’s options for developing nuclear weapons to protect its maritime approaches.
- Jane Perlez discusses the West’s misjudgement of Xi Jinping, China’s leader for life.
- Matthew Thompson examines Rodrigo Duterte’s murderous rule in the Philippines.
- Tess Newton Cain reports on mining in the Pacific region.
PLUS Correspondence from Philips Vermonte, John McCarthy, Andrew MacIntyre and more.
Australian Foreign Affairs News
Sign up to receive the latest news and exclusive offers.